March 25th 2013Well I have just about completed my first year in this voluntary position. It has certainly been a steep learning curve;
- We have recently completed the first BATOD/BAEA joint conference which was very well attended.
- The process of updating the BAEA Roles and Responsibilities document is well in hand. I have now received feedback from all the regions - MEAG, NEEAG, SEAG and NWEAG - will have taken place. Should all go according to plan I will try and put it all together over the second week of the Easter Break; first week I am on a boat. I will then circulate the proposed finished article via the email network and depending on how it is received it may go live from September.
- All the English regions are now active again and in good communication with the central committee. This is pleasing. I would be grateful if as many Ed. Auds. As possible who attend regional meetings are encouraged to become BAEA members. £20 per year will not exactly break the bank.
- AGM will be on April 13th and I am happy for a rep from each region to attend at travel costs paid for by BAEA. I understand that:
- Chris Watcham will represent NEEAG
- Gary Webster/Simon Blake will represent MEAG and are also BAEA committee members.
- Peter Keen and Susan Keen will represent SEAG - travelling in the same car and Peter is a BAEA committee member.
- An invite to NWEAG for a representative has been sent.
- In addition there will be Jolanta McCall who is the BAEA secretary.
- Future conferences: I propose that these be held in October 2014 and March 2016.
CHAIR - BAEA.